New York, NY: Wednesday night, Assemblymember Yuh-Line Niou urged constituents to travel safely and practice caution as winter storm conditions approach the New York City area. The National Weather Service has issued a winter storm warning, and is predicting 7 to 11 inches of snow accumulation in the city.
“As we prepare for potentially heavy snow in our area, I ask my constituents to travel safely and stay indoors, when possible,” said Assemblymember Yuh-Line Niou. “The safety of everyone is critical, and I encourage folks to check in on their neighbors as the winter storm progresses, particularly seniors and people with disabilities or limited mobility.”
Niou also shared the following updates and information with constituents as the New York City area prepares for winter storm conditions:
– All NYC Department of Education schools will be closed tomorrow, Thursday, February 9th.
– Heat or hot water complaints should be reported to 311.
– Alternate side parking regulations will be suspended Thursday, February 9th. Parking meters are in effect.
– Use mass transportation where possible, and drive slowly if you must use a vehicle.
– Sign up for Notify NYC, New York City’s emergency notification system.
– Contact 911 for any emergencies.
– Contact Niou’s office with any questions or concerns at email@example.com.
Source: Assemblymember Yuh-Line Niou’s Office